Physicist, Scanning Probe Microscopy, R&D Role
Scienta Omicron is a leading innovator in surface science and nanotechnology. At our technology centres in Uppsala, Sweden and Taunusstein, Germany we develop and produce high-tech instruments in Scanning Probe Microscopy, Electron Spectroscopy and Thin Film Deposition to support top researchers globally. We work with leading researchers around the world and our products are known for their outstanding performance.
Scienta Omicron employs more than 180 people in all parts of the world
We are looking for a new Team member in Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) R&D. This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated team of physicist with focus on SPM Research & Development.
- SPM (i.e. STM and AFM) development projects (instruments and technology building blocks), case-related from concept development to market launch
- Prototyping (i.e. modelling and mechanical design), performance related test and characterisation, interpretation and judgement of measurement results in conjunction with other departments
- Vibration analysis, developing and Implementing solution strategies for vibration-related issues
- Developing environmental technologies for SPM, such as magnetic field, cooling/heating techniques, optical setups, other components, etc.
- Maintenance of legacy products, support in customer specific projects
- Documentation, test protocols, manuals, BOM for new products and customer specials, etc.
- SPM software and electronics test
- Natural science degree or comparable university of applied sciences degree
- Physics of Surfaces
- PhD is beneficial
- Experience in development of high-technology scientific instrumentation / measurement setups
- First experience with UHV, cryo-cooling technologies, programming, optics, experimental data analysis, and mechanical design (CAD) is favourable
- Performance related compensation
- Opportunity to work with a high motivated team
- Interesting and diverse area of responsibilities
- Flat hierarchy
- Flexible Work time
- Close to Wiesbaden
If this position appeals to you, please send your application and CV to
Phone: +49 6128 987 115