Human Resources Manager
Scienta Omicron provides Nobel Prize technologies for science and industry, through innovations in Electron Spectroscopy, Scanning Probe Microscopy and Thin Film Deposition in Ultra High Vacuum. Revenue 50 Million Euro and 175 employees in 2019.
Scienta Omicron’s Materials Innovation Platform for Materials Physics and Surface Science supports researchers around the world with patented technology addressing the global race for smarter batteries, next-generation electronics, quantum technologies, solar energy, etc.
Scienta Omicron traces its origins back to the Nobel Prizes in 1981 for Electron Spectroscopy and 1986 for Scanning Probe Microscopy. Scienta Omicron is a fully owned subsidiary of Scienta Scientific AB, with main sites in Uppsala, Sweden and Taunusstein, Germany, and regional offices in USA, China and Japan.
Scienta Scientific AB develops long-term profitable technology-based niche businesses within the 20 Billion Euro Scientific Instruments for Physical Characterisation market.
Human Resources Manager
- Responsible for Operational HR at all German sites within the Scienta Scientific Group. Reporting to COO and VP Sales. Supporting Business managers.
- Responsible for Strategic HR for the global Scienta Scientific Group. Reporting to CEO. Supporting COO and VP Sales.
- Responsibility and implementation of all operational human resource processes, activities and projects for all German sites.
- Support for all strategic human resource processes, activities and projects for the global organisation.
- First contact for management and executives in all personnel related issues in Germany and internationally.
- Contact person for authorities and third parties on HR and related topics.
- Trustful cooperation with labour organisations, incl Workers’ Council in Germany.
- Support to management and executives for strategic development of the global organisation.
- Direct management of local HR assistant in Germany. Indirect management of local HR assistant in Sweden.
- Recruiting, negotiations with labour organisations and internal training programs.
- Payroll is outsourced but needs to be managed.
- Completed degree in Human Resource Management or comparable experiences and qualifications.
- Several years of experience in human resource management, preferably from a mix of high-tech development and manufacturing.
- Very good knowledge of labour, tax and social security laws in Germany. Some knowledge of global practices.
- Leadership personality with assertiveness, communication skills and intercultural competence.
- Fluent German.
- Business level spoken and written English.
- A highly “hands on” mentality.
- High level of own initiative and commitment.
- Entrepreneurial thinking.
- Teamwork and flexibility.
- Ability to travel within Europe and globally. 1-2 times per quarter approximately.
- Performance related compensation.
- Interesting and wide area of responsibility with creative freedom.
- Flexible work time.
- Location close to Wiesbaden.
CEO, Johan Åman, Sweden
Finance Mgr, Anita Davisson, Germany