Field Service Engineer, Ontario, Canada
Field Service Engineer performing installations and field performance tests as required by purchase contracts; perform repairs and provide technical support for Scienta Omicron customers in the field of Materials Science, Scanning Probe Microscopy, Molecular Beam Epitaxy, and Electron Spectroscopy.
- Perform instrument installations and repairs at Scienta Omicron’s customer sites as directed.
- Provide technical support to customers and users of Scienta Omicron’s scanning probe microscopes, electron spectrometers and MBE products including remote phone and internet-based support and on-site instruction and training to customer staff.
- Actively promote and sell Company products within the Services Product range including spare parts, service contracts and upgrades.
- Commercial Process Management – manage contractual processes including quotations, bid responses and pricing agreements.
- Manage key account service contracts assigned to you to ensure customer satisfaction, compliance with contract objectives and continued business through contract renewal.
- Reporting – integrate daily work with CRM software to ensure accurate tracking of service tickets and service parts sales.
- Provide price quotations to customers.
- Learn fundamental concepts and operation of new instrumentation as it is developed and introduced into the market. Become expert operator of a wide range of instrumentation in order keep instrument performance optimized.
- Proactively review customer service needs to recommend best practices and foresight to head-off equipment failures and downtime.
- Contribute to development of products and services working with regional business unit, engineering and R&D teams based in Germany and Sweden.
- Contribute to product development utilizing hands on experience with products and customer applications including direct collaboration with customers.
- Develop relationships at material science R&D centers and universities to advance Scienta Omicron’s access and opportunities.
- Misc. duties as required.
- Advanced degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience in one or more of the fields of UHV Scanning Probe Microscopy, Molecular Beam Epitaxy, Electron Spectroscopy and UHV systems.
- Travel, domestic and international, up to 50% of time.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- The successful candidate must pass an annual criminal background check as required by Scienta Omicron customers.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form, interrogative skills to lead customers through fault finding procedures remotely by phone and email.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
Submit your complete applications to:
Tax identification number EIN: