2nd Line Service Engineer
What is important to you in your job?
Supporting world-class science is our profession. We at ScientaOmicron are building the tools that make a difference to scientists all around the globe.
Fueled by our passion for science and technology, we enable our customers to strive towards scientific excellence.
As member of the 2nd line service team, you will be located in Uppsala, Sweden. Having a focus on electron spectroscopy related topics, you will support colleagues in the global 1st line service teams, who are frequently travelling to our customers.
In 2nd line service, you'll have a supporting role to make things happen.
You will help 1st line engineers when it comes to:
- Installations of advanced scientific instruments
- Repairs and troubleshooting
- Upgrades of existing equipment
Additionally, you will:
- Work on quotes
- Find technical solutions to customer demands together with other involved parties (e.g. R&D, production)
- Support our help desk
- Follow-up on service orders
- Handle returned parts in the factory
- Work on spare parts catalogues, campaigns etc
Start into a future with great development opportunities in a globally active company.
What we offer:
- Excellent compensation
- Working in an innovative company
- A state of the art office in a pleasant working atmosphere
- Advanced degree in physics or engineering
- Proven experience in electron spectroscopy techniques
- Further experience in a relevant field of materials science or UHV surface physics is a plus
- Very good analytical skills
- Reliant and solution-oriented way of working
- Strong in communication - within a team and to customers, colleagues, suppliers
- Business fluent in written and spoken English (additional language skills (e.g. Swedish or German) are a plus)
- Willingness for occasional travels (e.g. for installation support)
About Scienta Omicron
Scienta Omicron provides Nobel Prize technologies for science and industry, through innovations in Electron Spectroscopy, Scanning Probe Microscopy and Thin Film Deposition in Ultra High Vacuum. Scienta Omicron’s Materials Innovation Platform for Materials Physics and Surface Science supports researchers around the world. Scienta Omicron traces its origins back to the Nobel Prizes in 1981 for Electron Spectroscopy and 1986 for Scanning Probe Microscopy. Scienta Omicron had a revenue 50 Million Euro and 214 employees in 2022. Scienta Omicron is a fully owned subsidiary of Scienta Scientific AB, with main sites in Uppsala, Sweden and Taunusstein, Germany, and regional offices in USA, China and Japan. Scienta Scientific AB develops longterm profitable technology-based niche businesses within the 20 Billion Euro Scientific Instruments for Physical Characterization market.
Why Join Us?
- Be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking company on the rise.
- Contribute to the development of groundbreaking manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with a diverse, results-oriented team
You application and any questions
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact recrutining manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application to email@example.com, we will look through all applications as they come. Enter "2nd Line Support" as the subject of your application e-mail.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!