Scienta Omicron AB (the “Company”) is the controller of personal data for the processing of your personal data related to our digital channels and any of the products, offers, functions, tools, services, etc. (the “Service”) and is therefore responsible to ensure that all personal data is processed in a correct manner and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Personal data means all types of information which can, directly or indirectly, be associated with an individual person. In the context of the Company’s business personal data refers to given names and surnames, telephone numbers, addresses, postal codes and e-mail addresses (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Personal Data”).
If you cannot find answers to your questions, please get in touch with us. You will find information about how to contact us under the heading “Contact Information” below.
2. Processing of Personal Data
- Processing quotations
- Processing orders
- Processing contracts
- References for tenders
- Marketing activities
Type of Processing
- Purchase/sales/service orders
- Delivery documentation
- Service requests
- Order confirmations
- Trading and export control
- Marketing emails
- Invitations to events
- Technical and general information or support
Categories of Personal Data
- Email address
- Phone numbers
From which sources will we collect your Personal Data?
- Yourselves, Internet, participant lists from conferences, workshops and exhibitions you have attended, publications where you are mentioned.
Who will have access to the Personal Data?
- Internal employees needing the information to perform their tasks, Supporting companies, External mailing companies, Companies within Scienta Scientific Group.
- The processing of your Personal Data is necessary for our legitimate interest to perform a contract with the company you are representing and our legitimate interest to send you marketing. We have assessed that our interest is not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms. For some processing we may have collectedyour direct consent, which you in such case can withdraw at any time by contacting us, see Contact Information below.
Your right to oppose the processing:
- Part of the processing is necessary for us to provide the Service to the company you are representing. If you oppose this type of processing, we will not be able to provide the Service to the company you are representing. You can always oppose processing for marketing purposes or withdraw a consent by contacting us, see Contact Information below.
- Up to 10 years from last activity.
3. Recipients of Personal Data and Transfers to Third Countries Outside the EU/EEC
We may as controller of your Personal Data assign the processing listed above to a partner or supplier, e.g. Supporting companies, External mailing companies, Companies within Scienta Scientific Group. Such processing will not be made for other purposes than as described above. Some partners and suppliers may have parts of their businesses in countries outside of the EU/EEC (so-called Third Countries). Transfer of Personal Data will only be made to such countries which offer an adequate level of data protection, as decided by the EU Commission, or if the supplier has a legally binding and enforceable instrument which guarantees the safety of the Personal Data.
4. Your Rights as Registered
You have the right to:
- Request information about which of your Personal Data we process, and you can request a copy of these;
- Have incorrect Personal Data rectified and you can under certain circumstances have your Personal Data erased;
- Oppose against certain processing of your Personal Data and request that the processing is restricted,
- Have your Personal Data transferred to another controller (right to data portability), and
- If you are unsatisfied with our processing of your Personal Data, report our processing tothe Federal Data Protection Commissioner, who is the supervising authority.
You may at any time via the contact information below obtain, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data. Please notice that if we restrict the processing of or erase your Personal Data we might not be able to provide the Service to the company you are representing.
5. Protection of the Personal Data
The Company has undertaken appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect Personal Data against loss, abuse, unauthorized access, revealing, alteration and destruction. In order to ensure that the Personal Data is processed in a secure and confidential manner, the Company uses computer network which is protected against breach using firewalls, VPN tunnels and password pursuant to industry standards.
In order to secure the integrity of the Personal Data the Company may use encryption techniques when the Company transfers such Personal Data over the internet to the Company's servers.
7. Contact Information
Scienta Omicron AB , reg. no. 556225-9704
Box 15120, 750 15 Uppsala
+46 18-480 58 00